at The Hal Rogers Center
101 Bulldog Lane
Hazard, KY 41701
City Hall: (606) 436-3171
Fax: (606) 436-3252
Manager: Kenneth Combs
The Forum is a cornerstone for the arts to produce live and taped programming materials, and presentations.
The Hal Rogers Center is a 35,000 square-foot facility built in 2002 by the City of Hazard. It houses the Forum, a multimedia presentation center operated by the City of Hazard.
About The Forum
The production control features and auditorium fixtures will provide a multi-purpose production suite with multi-format capabilities with the ability to embrace current NTSC formats with emphasis towards embracing current digital technologies and services in both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. In addition, the production facility will interconnect and integrate with the features of a full-use theatre facility including IMAX quality large screen projection, theatre quality sound, complete theatrical lighting, and sound reinforcement.
The theatre itself will include:
- 29 light fixtures including theatrical and television lighting with
- Two theatrical follow-spot lights;
- Full dimming control;
- Main stage curtain with valance and proscenium arch and curtains;
- Set storage with rigging ability
- 24' motorized projection screen;
- 9000 watts of theatre quality sound controlled with a 40 channel
mixer and processing support;
- 5000 lumen of Imax quality projection;
- Interconnection to the production room from 12 different locations
including the stage and outside the Auditorium.
- Two robotic cameras with teleconferencing lenses and a roving camera in a studio configuration on wheels.
- The production suite will have space for live television production, linear editing, non-linear editing, duplication, terminal racks, public address and sound board area, lighting control, storage and an administrative office
Specifically the production suite will consist of state of the art television production equipment including:
- A multi input switcher with DVE capabilities, framestore and live-p
- 3 state-of-the art CCD cameras, two on robotics controls;
- Four tape formats, including Betacam SP, DVCPro, SVHS and VHS;
- A full function broadcast level character generator;
- Linear editing controller for long format editing;
- A non-linear computer editor for shorter formats and special productions
with an integrated DVE, CG and production studio software;
- Dual frame synchronizers for integration of non-standard user formats
- Multi-channel intercom between suite stations and theatre locations;
- MPEG-2 broadcast quality transmission and receiving capabilities;
- Fiber optics ties to the local television station, WYMT-TV;
- Steer-able Satellite TVRO capabilities in both C-Band and KU-Band
- Interconnects with 12 junction boxes within the facility including
5 separate stage boxes;
- The ability for a presenter to transmit a laptop VGA signal over
network cable for presentation on the theater projector;
- 16 Channel Audio Mixer dedicated for the production suite;
- 40 channel sound board dedicated for the theatre sound system;
- Assisted listening seats for 8 users;
- A 16:9 Aspect ratio converter and audio synchronizer; and
- Serial Digital (SDI) cabling, patching and routing.